For most people, cleaning their bathroom is their least favorite chore. One option is to hire the professionals at Carvalho’s Cleaning Service to keep your bathroom clean and safe. But even between visits from house cleaners, your bathroom can easily take a lot of wear and tear through everyday use.
Bathrooms tend be smaller, less airy and, well, ickier than other rooms in your house. So keeping them clean can often be a challenge. Still, maintaining a neat and orderly bathroom is both sanitary and a necessity.
Top 5 Bathroom Cleaning Tips
Here, then, are the top 5 tips you can use to keep your bathroom in tip top shape between visits from your house cleaners:
- Remove Soap Scum from Shower Doors with a Dryer Sheet — Wait, what?! It may sound a bit unusual, but this trick actually works. Take three or four shower sheets from your laundry room closet and, wetting them one at a time, run them along the inside and outside of your shower’s glass door. When one becomes nasty, throw it out and grab another one. There are chemicals in the shower sheets that easily grab on to whitish soap scum that can build up on shower doors. Once you are finished, simply rinse your shower doors with some running water several times and then wipe them dry with a clean cloth. You are going to be amazed at how they look brand new!
- White Vinegar Unclogs Shower Heads — If your old shower head has become clogged or only sprays water from one side or another, here’s a quick and easy solution. Pour some white vinegar into a sandwich bag. Then secure the bar around the shower head using a rubber band so that the holes of the shower head are submerged in the vinegar. The acidity of the vinegar will eat away at the buildup of lime and calcium in side the shower heads safely so that they are clear and provide a steady, like-new stream.
- Store Your Toilet Plunger n a CD Storage Container — Let’s face it: Toilet plungers are disgusting. So it’s always a challenge figuring out a way to store them safely without, you know, contaminating anything in your bathroom. A plastic storage container like the one designed to hold CDs is the perfect size for storing your plunger. Plus, it will keep the dripping contained.
- Clean Your Sink After Every Use — Keep a clean hand towel nearby and use it to wipe your sink clean every time you wash your hands, brush your teeth, or use it for anything else. Take an extra moment or two to polish the stainless steel or chrome fittings as well and our bathroom will always look fresh as a daisy.
- Hire Carvalho’s Home Cleaning Service — If you want to be absolutely sure your bathroom is as clean and sanitary as it can be at all times, then you should leave it up to the professionals at Carvalho’s Cleaning Services. As a busy person, you don’t have time to be cleaning your bathroom all the time. That’s where we can help. Call us today for a free quote!